Niedersachsen Foreign Trade Award nominees announced
The jury has announced the five nominated companies competing for Niedersachsen’s ninth Foreign Trade Award – Congratulations!
Here we present the finalists in the category ‘Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMUs).
On 25 April 2018 at HANNOVER MESSE five companies will be in suspense – only one of them will be presented with Niedersachsen Foreign Trade Award during the State’s 15th Foreign Trade Day by Niedersachsen’s Minister of Economic Affairs, Employment, Transport and Digitalisation Dr Bernd Althusmann.
And the five finalists are ...:
The Anton Berkenheger Group is a group of companies that builds specialist machinery for river and lake maintenance and municipal services technology.
1. Anton Berkenheger GmbH & Co. KG
- Founded: 1964
- Location: Haren, Ems
- Employees (full-time): 54 staff, 9 trainees
- Products and services: development and manufacture of multifunctional mowing and work boats and amphibious craft for waterways maintenance such as tool carriers, bank mowers, cuttings collector boats, dredgers and sludge clearers, and special vehicles like the three-wheeler mower
- Principal foreign markets: Indonesia, USA and China
Energietechnik Packmohr GmbH is a technical company providing planning, project design and construction services for bathroom renovation, shopfitting, innovative heating technology and solar energy and property planning.
2. Energietechnik Packmohr GmbH
- Founded: 1991
- Location: Wrestedt
- Employees (full-time): 17 staff, 5 trainees
- Products & services: construction and installation in the fields of electrical engineering, heating and sanitation, ventilation, Passive House technology, lighting, networks and smart home installations. Exports above all of electrical engineering installations, IT and sound systems and shop lighting.
- Principal foreign markets: Scandinavia, Switzerland and Austria
LAP GmbH Laser Applikationen in Lüneburg builds laser optics systems for measurement and projection in the fields of industrial manufacturing and medical technology. Its optical systems are in use all over the world.
3. LAP GmbH Laser Applikationen
- Founded: 1984
- Location: Lüneburg
- Employees (full-time): 229 staff, 9 trainees
- Products & services: laser machines for medical technology, especially for radiation therapies, for metal and above all steel producers and manufacturing companies such as in wind energy and aircraft construction
- Principal foreign markets: USA, China and France
SCHÖMA – Christoph Schöttler Maschinenfabrik – is a world leader in the construction of tunnel locomotives and other rail vehicles. With its flexible component combinations SCHÖMA can deliver customised locomotives for even the most difficult working conditions.
- Founded: 1930
- Location: Diepholz
- Employees (full-time): 121 staff, 9 trainees
- Products & services: manufacture of tunnel locomotives for underground rail systems worldwide, drainage and utilities tunnels, shunting engines for industrial companies and narrow-gauge field locomotives for peat cutting companies; also locomotives for tourism and leisure purposes such as the railways on the North Sea islands of Borkum, Wangerooge and Langeoog
- Principal foreign markets: India, Great Britain and Italy
Urban GmbH & Co. KG specialises in calf feeding technologies.
5. Urban GmbH & Co. KG
- Founded: 1984
- Location: Wüsting
- Employees (full-time): 71 staff, 5 trainees
- Products & services: development, manufacture and sales of mobile and stationery calf milk mixers, calf milk dispensers and feed stations, along with animal-friendly calf rearing systems
- Principle foreign markets: Ireland, Russia and Eastern Europe, Canada and the USA