Logistics from the heart of Europe
Niedersachsen's excellent position at the centre of Europe and fast connections by road, rail, inland waterway and air make it a very attractive location for logistics enterprises.
Niedersachsen = logistics
Central position, perfect transport connections – Niedersachsen has established itself as the logistics hub at the intersection of Europe's main north-south and east-west routes. With over 260,000 workers, the logistics sector has grown fast to become the states largest employer.
- 260,000 workers in the logisitics sector
- c. 50,000 square km area
- c. 1,100 km of inland waterways
- 1,400 km of motorway
New enterprises benefit from the combination of advantageous geographic situation and excellent connections.
The European motorway axes from east to west and north to south intersect in Niedersachsen, Hannover Airport provides the air freight and passenger connections, the location within the rail network is uniquely convenient, and Niedersachsen's seaports, including JadeWeserPort – Germany's only deepwater harbour – connect the State to the world's trade routes.
As a logistics state, Niedersachsen is also exceptionally well developed in associated services. Enterprises will find partners in procurement, distribution, manufacturing and waste disposal/recycling. Further specialist service companies complete the spectrum.
Wherever in the world your goods are intended for – using Niedersachsen as your distribution hub is always a good idea.
- at the intersection of pan-European transport axes
- eight freight handling centres and numerous inter-modal terminals
- nine international seaports with specialised handling facilities (around 50 million t in 2014) and 17 multi-function inland harbours
- Germany's only and Europe's easternmost deepwater port, Wilhelmshaven Container Terminal (CTW)
- Hannover Airport: round-the-clock operations for all sizes of aircraft
- over 260,000 workers, around 200 billion € turnover
- 1,100 ha of available logistics sites
- high productivity logistics sector, main strengths: automobile, health, food, project and green logistics
- 30 logistics-related courses of study / major subjects