Theory meets practice in regenerative biology
Interdisciplinary teams at three universities and five institutes, all dedicated to research into regenerative therapies
From the laboratory, through production and clinics to cooperation with industry, the REBIRTH excellence cluster is excellently prepared and open for new members. Currently, teams are working on developing new regenerative therapies for serious diseases of the heart, lungs, liver and blood.
- 582,000 workers in the health sector
- 200 hospitals
- 42,000 hospital beds
- 220 life science & medical tech. enterprises
The mechanisms of organ formation, endogenous repair and stem cell biology are studied in in-vitro systems and transferred to illness models with possible clinical applications.
Established certified and accredited facilities, and close cooperation with industry partners, ensure efficient transfer of research findings to clinical practice.
We extend a warm invitation to bring new facets to our high-capacity networks in the field of regenerative biology with your ideas and developments!
Your new life science location: Niedersachsen
- One in seven jobs is in the health sector.
- Home to around 140 life science companies and 50 medical technology enterprises
- Twenty-one colleges and universities, and more than 25 extra-university research facilities, are based in Niedersachsen.
- Four start-up centres with a biotechnology focus: in Hannover, Göttingen, Braunschweig and Wilhelmshaven.
Home to two of the leading German institutes for medical training and healthcare:
- Hannover is world-renowned for transplants and the associated immunology research fields.
- The University Medical Centre Göttingen concentrates especially on neurological and cardiovascular illnesses.
Specialist trade fair
- The leading European trade fair for innovative laboratory equipment and optimisation of workflows: LABVOLUTION with its life science event BIOTECHNICA