Neurobiology in Niedersachsen
In neurobiology, Niedersachsen regularly hits the international scientific headlines.
Prospects in Niedersachsen
Neurobiology research in Göttingen enjoys an excellent international reputation; here, scientists are investigating the molecular mechanisms of the brain's function and how neurological and neurodegenerative illnesses occur. Close cooperation between theorists and experimental work-groups promotes a constructive spirit in decoding the nervous system's adaptive principles. Combining computer simulations with cutting-edge experimental methodology makes a strong contribution to developing new neuroprostheses.
- 685,000 workers in the health sector
- 200 hospitals, with 42,000 beds
- 4 biotech start-up centres
- 1 in 7 jobs are in the health sector.
Along with Göttingen, the International Neuroscience Institute (INI) in Hannover has specialist departments of Neurosurgery, Neurology, Neuroradiology, ENT, Orthopaedics and Internal Medicine, offering a complete range of care for neurological patients.
Entering this field in Niedersachsen, you'll make fast connections with existing structures - we'll be happy to advise you personally about the excellent practical prospects!
Niedersachen: life science location
- One in seven jobs in Niedersachsen is in the health sector.
- Home to around 140 life science companies and 50 medical technology enterprises
- 21 colleges and universities, and more than 25 extra-university research institutes, are located in Niedersachsen.
- Four start-up centres with a biotech focus, in Hannover, Göttingen, Braunschweig and Wilhelmshaven.
Home to two of Germany's leading medical training and health care institutions:
- Hannover Medical School is world-renowned for transplant medicine and associated immunology research fields.
- The University Medical Centre Göttingen concentrates especially on neurological and cardio-vascular illnesses.
Specialist trade fair
- The European trade fair for innovative laboratory equipment and workflow optimisation: LABVOLUTION, with the BIOTECHNICA life science event